Proposed changes to AWASWF By Laws
There will be a vote at the November meeting.
TEXT using “
strikeout” font will be removed from the By Laws.
The AMATEUR RADIO ASSOCIATION OF SOUTHWEST FLORIDA, INC. (HEREINAFTER CALLED THE ARASWF) is a not-for-profit corporation organized under the laws of the State of Florida (Chapter 617), to further Amateur Radio in the public interest through cooperation, operating efficiency, information exchange, programs, and activities including, but not limited to, the following objectives:
- To promote cooperation with other organizations and agencies, and to promote the advancement of public service and safety through amateur radio communications;
- To promote participation of its members in emergency communications so that the safety of the public may better be served;
- To assist its members and all other radio amateurs with an ongoing education program to improve their technical proficiency as amateur radio operators; ·
- To operate a public service net and to promote participation in the net by radio amateurs thus training them in communications techniques; ·
- To own, operate and maintain communication repeaters to extend the range of mobile and/or other types of communications by club members; ·
- To promote, from time to time, contests in which operating skills may be improved, issue certificates of merit, promote social programs, and sponsor activities for and on behalf of its membership;
- To publish monthly a publication to be known as the “ARASWF Newsletter”, which shall be made available to its members and others qualified to receive it. This newsletter shall be considered the official publication of the ARASWF, and members may elect to receive it by electronic mail, pursuant to such rules as may be adopted by the Executive Board.
ARTICLE 7 – MEETINGS
Section 3: Notice of all regular, special and board meetings may be made by oral or written notice to the membership. Such notice may be communicated in person, by telephone, telegraph,
or any form of electronic communication or transmission. Posting notice of such meetings in the ARASWF Newsletter that is distributed to the membership by e-mail shall satisfy the notification requirements of this section. as published on the club website (WWW.ARASWF.ORG), and/or announced by an email blast to active members.
Section 4: The regular monthly business meetings of the ARASWF shall be primarily technical or informative and cover ARASWF business requiring membership attention and/or approval, except that the annual meeting held in December shall be primarily social.
Section 5: A quorum of nine (9) members, two (2) of whom must be members of the Executive Board, shall be required to hold and conduct a regular membership business meeting. A quorum, once established, shall not be broken by withdrawal of members from the meeting.
Section 6: The President shall have the authority to cancel or postpone a regularly scheduled meeting in case of emergency, holiday, or unavailability of meeting place.
Section 7: Special meetings of the ARASWF may be called by the Executive Board to discuss and transact specific and/or imperative business where a decision from the membership is required.
Section 8: ARASWF Executive Board meetings will be called by the President as necessary. They may be
announced in the ARASWF Newsletter or on the ARASWF repeater published on the club website (WWW.ARASWF.ORG), and/or announced by an email blast to active members. All Executive Board meetings are open to all voting members.
Section 9: A quorum at meetings of the Executive Board shall consist of a majority of the membership of the Executive Board.
ARTICLE 9 – AMENDMENT OR REPEAL OF BYLAWS
Section 1: Any proposal to amend or repeal these bylaws must be submitted to the Executive Board. If the proposed amendment has the approval of a majority of the Executive Board, the Board will instruct the Secretary to notify the membership of the proposed amendment at least ten days prior to the meeting at which the vote is to take place. Such notice may be communicated in person, by telephone, telegraph, e-mail, radio, teletype, U.S. Mail,
or any form of electronic communication or transmission. Posting notice of such proposed amendment in the ARASWF Newsletter that is distributed to the membership by e-mail shall satisfy the notification requirements of this section. as published on the club website (WWW.ARASWF.ORG), and/or announced by an email blast to active members.
Section 2: These bylaws may be amended or repealed by a majority of members present and eligible to vote at a duly held membership business meeting.
Section 3: No amendment or repeal of these bylaws can be made which is not in harmony with the laws of the State of Florida governing the formation and chartering of a not-for-profit corporation.
Please complete and submit the following form.